The Samba-Bugzilla – Bug 4130
Does not delete partial files upon completion of transfer
Last modified: 2006-09-28 19:19:23 UTC
Using any partial options (-P, --partial, --partial-dir) an interrupted rsync does create a partial file, however upon resuming and completion of the transfer the partial file is not removed.
Steps to reproduce:
1. working and verified rsync setup between two systems
2. run rsync with a somewhat large file in the source dir so you have a chance to interrupt it, use one of the partial options
Here's my example with a partial and temp directory set in the user (xfer) that is running the rsync job:
rsync -av --partial-dir=~xfer/partial --temp-dir=~xfer/tmp /xfer/outbox/* remoteserver:/xfer/inbox/
I'm putting a 200MB+ file in /xfer/outbox
3. Interrupt rsync with a Ctrl-C
4. Verify partial file is created on the remoteserver (in my example, look in ~xfer/partial directory on the remote server)
5. Run the same rsync command to let it continue/resume
6. Upon completion of the job, look on the remoteserver and you will see the partial file still exists (again, in my example the ~xfer/partial directory on the remote server).
I have verified the file remains with any of the partial options and using directories outside of the rsync tree that is being copied/updated.
2.6.8 source compiled on AIX 5.3
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 4132 ***