Created attachment 12441 [details]
Logs from the Samba and Windows DCs
The manual forestprep for 2012 R2 schema fails.
4.6.0pre1-GIT-e0ef054 with patch from Bug #12204.
Steps to reproduce:
- Set up a Samba AD DC
- Join a 2008 R2 DC to the Samba AD
- Move the Schema Master and Infrastructure Master FSMO role to the 2008 R2 DC
(This is necessary for the 2012 join, because the directory schema is
updated using the WMI protocol, that Samba does not support yet)
- On the 2008 R2 DC (Has to be the Schema + Infastructure Master):
- Insert the 2012 R2 installation DVD
- Open a command line and change into the DVD's directory "support\adprep"
- Run "adprep.exe /forestprep"
Schema update fails.
Schema update should succeed.
During the dcpromo of the first 2012 R2 DC, the forestprep is executed and succeeds. However using this way, the afterwards executed domainprep run by dcpromo fails and has to be manually executed. See Bug #12237.
We should at least offer one way that works completely: all done through the 2012 dcpromo or run forestprep/domainprep manually before the join.
Created attachment 12442 [details]
Screenshot adprep.exe /forestprep failure