The Samba-Bugzilla – Bug 12237
domainprep after 2012 R2 schema update
Last modified: 2016-09-06 14:22:10 UTC
Created attachment 12440 [details]
Screenshot error message
If you join the first Windows Server 2012 R2 DC to a Samba AD, the forest schema is updated, but the automatic domainprep fails and needs to be run manually. Afterwards you have to re-run the dcpromo to join the 2012 DC.
4.6.0pre1-GIT-e0ef054 with patch from Bug #12204.
Steps to reproduce:
- Set up a Samba AD DC
- Join a 2008 R2 DC to the Samba AD
- Move the Schema Master and Infrastructure Master FSMO role to the 2008 R2 DC
(This is necessary for the 2012 join, because the directory schema is
updated using the WMI protocol, that Samba does not support yet)
- Join a 2012 R2 DC to the AD (select the 2008 R2 DC as replication source
- The forestprep done by dcpromo succeeds, but the domainprep fails.
See attached screenshot.
Domainprep fails during the join of the first DC.
Domainprep should succeed.
To work around, you can:
- Log in to the Windows Server 2008 DC
- Insert the Windows Server 2012 installation DVD
- Open a command line
- Chance into the DVD's "support\adprep" directory and run
# adprep /domainprep
- Run the dcpromo wizzard on 2012 again. It will now succeed.
Created attachment 12443 [details]
Find attached the log files containing:
- 2012 dcpromo with successful forestprep, bug failed domainprep (see screenshot)
- Manual "adprep.exe /domainprep" run on the 2008 DC.
- Logs from the 2012 DC.