The Samba-Bugzilla – Bug 9948
Patch to provide progress display in log file
Last modified: 2013-06-13 22:19:16 UTC
Created attachment 8967 [details]
Please find attached a patch we're using, which others may find useful therefore submitted here. It will log progress to the rsync log file. It does the following:
1. log progress once every 60 seconds with proper newlines, and
2. log progress at end of transfer, and
3. changes the logfile handling to log before transfer when logging (it already did this for stdout)
4. happens to modify the output of the final end-of-file transfer log format.
5. disables --show-progress from displaying on the screen, instead writing it to log.