Bug 9182 - NT_STATUS_UNMAPPED on all smbclient operations after PDC migration
NT_STATUS_UNMAPPED on all smbclient operations after PDC migration
Status: NEW
Product: Samba 4.0
Classification: Unclassified
Component: DCE-RPCs and pipes
4.0.0rc1
All All
: P5 normal
: ---
Assigned To: Andrew Bartlett
Samba QA Contact
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2012-09-19 22:27 UTC by Steinar H. Gunderson
Modified: 2012-09-20 20:06 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Steinar H. Gunderson 2012-09-19 22:27:53 UTC
Hi,

We've test-migrated our Samba 3 PDC to Samba 4. The AD parts seem to work fine, but the file server part does not work at all (the Windows XP clients say “There was an unexpected network error”), and administering GPOs from Windows XP similarly does not work (same error message). I suspect it's somehow related to this error message:

root@samba4:~# smbclient -L 127.0.0.1 -U Administrator
Enter Administrator's password: 
session setup failed: STATUS_SOME_UNMAPPED

This happens also with other users. I can't find any documentation anywhere on what this error means, except some sort of internal inconsistency within the user database. Is it possible to debug this somehow?
Comment 1 Steinar H. Gunderson 2012-09-20 20:06:31 UTC
I ran samba with -d3. Seemingly this is the problem:

idmapping sid_to_xid failed for id[3]=S-1-5-21-2179488501-3702089277-485037447-572: NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED
idmapping sid_to_xid failed for id[4]=S-1-5-21-2179488501-3702089277-485037447-519: NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED
idmapping sid_to_xid failed for id[5]=S-1-5-21-2179488501-3702089277-485037447-518: NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED
idmapping sid_to_xid failed for id[6]=S-1-5-21-2179488501-3702089277-485037447-512: NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED
idmapping sid_to_xid failed for id[7]=S-1-5-21-2179488501-3702089277-485037447-73364: NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED
idmapping sid_to_xid failed for id[9]=S-1-5-32-545: NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED
idmapping sid_to_xid failed for id[10]=S-1-1-0: NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED
idmapping sid_to_xid failed for id[11]=S-1-5-2: NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED
idmapping sid_to_xid failed for id[12]=S-1-5-11: NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED

Seemingly a lot of critical groups were not created/migrated by the migration script; -512 was expected since we deleted that before migration (as per the release notes), but the others are sort of more surprising.

I added mappings manually for all of these groups (via ldbedit -H idmap.ldb), and that fixed smbclient -L.