The Samba-Bugzilla – Bug 771
SMB Delete Directory Request returns wrong error code
Last modified: 2005-11-14 09:26:51 UTC
Doing a SMB Delete Directory Request to a Samba 3.0 server from an iSeries
using QNTC returns STATUS_NO_SUCH_FILE when it should return
STATUS_DIRECTORY_NOT_EMPTY. This happens the first time after a directory or
file is added to an empty directory and then the Delete Directory Request is
done against that directory. Any Delete Directory Request afterwards returns
the correct error code. I have Ethereal traces showing the requests and
responses for both error codes. If you want them let me know who to send them
Created attachment 253 [details]
Ethereal trace of bad return (number 36 and 37 in trace)
The is the Ethereal trace getting the STATUS_NO_SUCH_FILE. Number 36 and 37 in
the trace are the Delete Directory request and response. Also have trace
showing the correct return code if needed.
Created attachment 254 [details]
Ethereal trace with correct return code (line 36 and 37)
Ethereal trace with correct return code STATUS_DIRECTORY_NOT_EMPTY (lines 36
and 37 in the trace).
This was the "bad error code" return bug that I fixed, the one
that caused Excel read-only files not to be opened.
Please try this with Samba 3.0.1rc1. I am pretty sure this
issue is fixed. I cannot reproduce this with the latest CVS SAMBA_3_0
We tried Samba 3.0.1 and everything looks correct. This bug can now be