The Samba-Bugzilla – Bug 7171
Problem adding Domain Group to Local Group in XP Pro
Last modified: 2010-02-23 08:21:04 UTC
+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #324 +++
Cannot add a Domain Group to a Local Security Group in Windows XP Professional SP3.
## Windows Error Message:
"Information returned from the object picker for object "Domain Users" was
incomplete. The object will not be processed."
## Steps took to discovery:
1. Logged on to the workstation as a (Samba) Domain Admin.
2. I clicked on the Local Group Object "Remote Desktop Users".
3. Clicked "Add to Group" to add a User Object to this Local Group Object.
4. Clicked "Advanced" and "Find Now" to browse Domain Objects
5. Selected desiered Domain Group (Domain Users) then clicked "OK"
6. Updated field now shows Object as "DOMAINNAME\Domain Users"
7. Clicked "OK"
8. Received error message stated above.
## Changes made to WindowsXP Pro workstation:
1. These Registry keys:
quiresignorseal = 0)
quirestrongkey = 0)
## Additional Information:
1. The Samba3.4.2 (samba-3.4.2-47.fc12.i686) Server is the only PDC on the network and is a WINS server
2. I am using OpenLDAP 2.4.18 (openldap-2.4.18-5.fc12.i686) for authentication
2. The machine has a working trust account on the Samba Server.
3. The DOMAINNAME\Domain Admins Object was added to the Local Administrators
Group Object when the workstation joined the domain
4. The DOMAINNAME\Domain Users Object was added to the Local Users Group Object
when the workstation joined the domain