The Samba-Bugzilla – Bug 5888
Error dialog is displayed when clicking a property of service exported by "svcctl list"
Last modified: 2010-01-25 05:26:28 UTC
1) Configuring the svcctl parameter, like
svcctl list = cron
2) connect to the Samba server with "Computer Management"
3) Try to open the property for a service (ex. cron)
4) Error dialog (attached) is displayed, that says "Configuration Manager: A general internal error occured".
5) Click OK and, the we can control the services as usual.
Created attachment 3723 [details]
The error dialog.
Windows XP Professional SP2 (also tested on SP3) and Samba 3.2.4
Should be fixed in 3-2-test, 3-3-test and master. It will be part of the next Samba releases.
Thanks for the report.
I tested againt Samba 3.2.6 and this bug is fixed at 3.2.6. (And not at 3.2.5)
according to the announcement:
* BUG 5888: Fix PNP_GetHwProfInfo().
I tested againt Samba 3.2.6 and Windows Vista.
This error dialog occurred.
Against Samba 3.2.6 and Windows XP SP3, this works OK.
Looking into this.
Just as a reminder to myself: we need to implement PlugPlay as a svcctl service for vista (and probably also listen on PlugPlay named pipe (alias for ntsvcs))
Günther, any news on this one?
Implementing more of the plugandplay named pipe could be done in 3.5.
Too late for enhancements in 3.5 Raising version.