The Samba-Bugzilla – Bug 5544
file service problem for wrapped tcl scripts
Last modified: 2010-02-22 08:19:21 UTC
1) wrapped tcl-scripts are crashing when they are distributed by Samba file service. This already happens since samba version 3.0.26a. On Sparc station running Solaris operating system everything works fine. problems for example exist on a HP workstation 9000/785/c3600 (HP-UX B11.11).
Tcl-Scripts are wrapped with the John Ousterhood's wrapper tool for Tcl/tk 8.3.2 (prowrap)
The samba sources are compiled and linked with the Makefile generated by
configure --prefix=/usr/local/samba-3.0.30 --with-aio-support.
2) Another problem is distributing pcf fonts when tey are needed by the XVision tool . When XVision is started you always get the message that the fonts directory can't be accessed. These problems also happen with samba server running on the HP workstation, SParc station do not have problems.
Another problem is file modifikation time and/or file creation time are no longer shown on a client when you modify or create any files over samba.
Created attachment 3421 [details]
Created attachment 3422 [details]
The problem seems to be that user WW009\bw1wenr0 tries to access share V2SHARES. This is tried many dozens of times, and Samba according to its valid users setting denies the access. Can you try to fix that and re-run the script?
This problem doesn' t seem to be a problem of the tcl-script. As you can see
the logfile (smbd-good) shows no such problems. In both logfiles (smbd-good, smbd-fail) the client tries to get the same (wrapped) tcl-script, so I don't know how to solve the problem you mentioned. You can see what the tcl script is doing, I attache it to this mail
Created attachment 3424 [details]
When looking at log.smbd-good I can not see any download of the script at all. Also this is not a full log, for example there is no negprot and session setup calls, so it is a bit difficult to compare.
Did you try to open v2shares to user WW009\bw1wenr0 to just see what happens?
the user WW009\bw1wenr0 it's me. as long as I try to download ascii files from that share there is no problem at all. the problems occur when downloading binaries or for example wrapped tcl-scripts, because the tclpro compiler (as a part of the wrapper) produces byte code. Tomorrow I try to generate a new logfile, that contains evrything.
Created attachment 3433 [details]
Created attachment 3434 [details]
Created attachment 3435 [details]
I attached again two logfiles and I hope they have all the informations you need. At last there is bmp file that shows the script working well and the other one when it crashes.
Yes, thanks. Very likely the problem is buried somewhere in those logfiles. For example in the log-good there is no reference at all to init.tcl, in log-bad the interpreter tries to look for init.tcl which is not there. No idea why, I would probably have to install tcl on one of my boxes to reproduce this. Right now I've got other customers though, so this might take a while.
if you want to install Tcl/tk please take the TclPro 1.4.1 for windows. This is the tool you can wrap tcl-scripts with. the download page is //www.tcl.tk/software/tclpro/eval/1.4.html. there you also get the free Tclpro license key.
as you said you need to install tcl on one of your boxes I tried to find the latest version of samba that serves properly tcl files and pcf fonts. So Samba 3.0.25b there are no problems whereas since Samba 3.0.25c and all later versions have this problem. Maybe you find a solution in the differences between the sources of samba 3.0.25b and samba 3.0.25c.
All my HP Workstation are gone. So there is no problem left.