The Samba-Bugzilla – Bug 4893
Some valgrind things
Last modified: 2007-08-26 21:32:57 UTC
When testing SAMBA I noticed some SAMBA problems in the valgrind log. There are few, maybe different things. I attach the log so you can distinguish the messages.
Created attachment 2869 [details]
There are two different bugs here: some issue with password sets, and another in the CrackNames code.
The password set case looks very interesting. It will be *very* slow, but can you run at log level 100, under valgrind, and repeat?
(I presume you have compiled with --enable-developer).
This should show up if there is an issue with a lacking null terminator.
I think, it's better if I give you more details how I got the bug. Here the reproduction steps for the "DsCrackName" issue, where the whole smbd crashes.
- Login to a domain joined workstation with the local system administrator account (the Microsoft Server Management Tools should be installed)
- Launch the ADUC console
- Ignore the warning, telling that domain accounts should be managed with a domain user
- Rightclick on the top of the tree and select "Connect to domain..."
- Type in the domainname in DNS form
- Then open the properties of one object (for example of the domain object)
- Click on the security tab
- If displayed, ignore the warning
- Click on the button "Add..."
- There should now be displayed a login dialog for the network password
- Then type in "Connect as:" Administrator and the password
Now the SAMBA daemon immediately crashes.
Created attachment 2886 [details]
Here a patch. The error was caused by info1 that is'nt talloced but rather static.
The password problem seems not to be reproducible anymore. I see also, that the related files were changed and the line numbers doesn't comply. So I propose after applying the patch to close the bug.
I've applied your patch in -r 24697. Very nice work!