From some years we use samba+DOS application written in foxPro to manage our stock, finances and so on. In our einveroment we use: centos4 update 5 and samba with him: samba-3.0.10-1.4E.12.2 This configuraton works great for our purpose.
I decided from some reasions to upgrade samba to version 3.0.25b and we felt in hang issue.
On client side there are XP professional. So one machine starts this DOS application. It's ip is 192.168.1.105 - then dbf tables are open, records are added and this machine works happy.
Then i start this dos apps on another machine with IP address 192.168.1.111. For some seconds, maybe few minutes this dos application just HANGS. We can't do no more, must we kill this dos apps. This dos application works still well on machine 192.168.1.105, even if 192.168.1.111 hangs (entering in endless loop ?? )
So i atached logs with debugl level=10, logs for 192.168.1.105 and 192.168.1.111
I attached also smb.conf and smbstatus.log (which machine has what files open) etc.
Please, have in mind: in samba 3.0.10-1.4E.12.2 this NEVER happen.
This happen (HANGS) also in: Centos5 and samba 3.0.23c-2.el18.104.22.168
So what causes this ??
Created attachment 2855 [details]
This machine hangs in dos app on samba shares
Created attachment 2856 [details]
This is going well, even if another hangs
Agh, i put all log files there: http://mbp.boleslawiec.pl/samba/
1) http://www.mbp.boleslawiec.pl/samba/log.192.168.1.111.tgz ... in this machine dos application hangs after some time, when operates on samba share
2) http://www.mbp.boleslawiec.pl/samba/log.192.168.1.105.tgz ... in this machine dos application works well even if machine 192.168.1.105 hangs
3) http://www.mbp.boleslawiec.pl/samba/log.laptop-ip.tgz == 192.168.1.105
4) http://www.mbp.boleslawiec.pl/samba/log.mbp-laptop.tgz == 192.168.1.111
5) http://www.mbp.boleslawiec.pl/samba/smbstatus2.log.tgz ... opened files by 192.168.1.111 and 192.168.1.105
6) http://www.mbp.boleslawiec.pl/samba/smb.conf smb.conf
looks like a dup of bug 9030 and bug 5138. without having the logs any more here it looks like that. if you have dos clients make sure not to use intel cards. too many of them have broken checksum implementations that intel does not fix in firmware or in driver code.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 5138 ***