When I tested a machine (WIN2K) leaving the domain environment, I got a message like "Workstation was removed but not deactivated". In the AD the machine was removed correctly. There should be found a way to bypass the message box.
Not reproducable with WinXP SP2. I'll have to setup a Win2k client.
I found now a better way to reproduce the bug:
- Start SAMBA 4
- Join the machine and restart it
- Stop and restart SAMBA 4
- Let the machine leaving the domain and assign a workgroup
Otherwise (without restarting SAMBA) I didn't notice the message.
This was a fault of mine. When I restarted SAMBA I waited to short until it came completely up.