Is there also a plan to introduce the right allowChildClassesEffective attributes in the schema entries? So for example it could be possible to create OUs.
I need to look into the details of the implementation, but yes, that's the aim.
Created attachment 2840 [details]
Attempt to prive allowedChildClasses
This is my first cut at making this work, but I return drasticly different results to what my win2k3 network returns, so I need to look into things a bit more.
I tried to apply the patch with "patch < allowedChildClasses.patch" in my SAMBA source directory, but I then the software didn't work anymore and I got a stacktrace after recompile and restart. Maybe I have to notice something, for example a special SVN version?
with the patch applied try:
make clean all
I think the issue is the changed header file, and you need to recomple from scratch. For speed when doing this in future, install 'ccache'.
Thanks, now the patch and SAMBA worked. Now I have noticed another thing: I cannot move an object in ADUC to a newly created OU, because it isn't listed in the dialogbox.
Also surprisingly, now I am unable to add users and groups under the CN=Users container in ADUC.
(In reply to comment #6)
> Also surprisingly, now I am unable to add users and groups under the CN=Users
> container in ADUC.
I've solved that problem. I had an "allowedChildClassesEffective" entry in the LDB database under the "CN=Users" object.
This might need more work, but an initial fix is in -r 24060.