I hope I checked the correct Component. I chosed "major" because smbd terminates after a few seconds and using samba is not possible any more.
I use OpenLDAP for user accounts with the configuration included in the link. I use Debian and the packages from http://us1.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/Debian. A few seconds after start of smbd, it terminates. But only after requesting some account information.
I have included a smbd debug output with debug level 10.
smbd starts up normally. Then I do a "net user -U <username>", enter the password. All information is returned successfully but right after that, smbd terminates. The problem occurs everytime (i.e. is reproduceable on my system).
I can't find any reason for that.
Please feel free to ask for further debug info, logs etc.
Update: I completely removed samba (aptitude purge) and reinstalled it and now the problem seem to have gone.
There are no panics in the log file URL you posted. So if you cannot reproduce this any more, I'm closing it. Thanks.