Server: OES SP2 on Linux (default settings)
Smaba version is 3.0.20b-3.4.
Client: Windows XP SP1 or SP2 (Japanese), Windows 2000 SP4 also (Japanese)
1. Create a user using iManager
2. Enable the user for using samba
3. Create the same user with the same password on Windows
4. Logon Windows as the user
5. Access the samba folder
6. Add the folder to the favolite
7. Wait 20 or 30 minutes without any operation on Windows
8. Try to open the folder selecting the marked folder from the favorite menu
It will takes about 15 or 20 seconds to open it.
It should open it soon.
I attached two LAN traces.
Since the customer met the problem ( Bug 167973) using Novell Client for
Database accessing, they have to use samba instea of Novcell Client.
But they met this problelm for accessing Database.
They need to be good performance for update to Database.
Created attachment 1988 [details]
This is LAN trace using ethereal.
Created attachment 1989 [details]
This is log.smbd file.
This is original bug #181149.
a share connection delay is almost always a client issue. Closing this very old bug as I didn't see any such delays in recent versions.