For 'mget' the 'newer' toggle can be used to fetch only newer files than the file that are already there. It would be quite usefull for backups to MS-machines to have this option also working on 'mput'. I know that it would only work on CIFS connections but those are already quite common today.
I'm willing to put some hacking time in this feature. So this feature request might gain a patch file in the near future.
Created attachment 1978 [details]
Added functionality: mput now also checks for newer
This changes mput a bit:
- every file now checks 'stat' also if 'recurse' is still off
- dir is still only set when 'recurse' is on
- files are only added to the list when last mutation date
- directories are always added when 'recurse' is on
- debug 3 message for skipped files due to newer
- change to text on 'help newer'