The Samba-Bugzilla – Bug 3650
Error message while installing drivers to a samba server
Last modified: 2006-04-20 07:50:03 UTC
This is what I did:
1. From a windows client access the samba share \\sambaShare.
2. Click on the printers folder.
3. Click on File -> Server Properties.
4. Click on the Drivers tab and click on the Add button.
5. Pick a driver and click on the Finish button.
A message pops up saying
Unable to install driver. Operation not completed.
6. Once I ok the message and click the finish button again the driver seems to get installed properly.
Please see attached error message and samba log with log level 10
Created attachment 1829 [details]
samba log with log level 10
Created attachment 1830 [details]
When copying the driver files into the print$ dir, a file like '__SKIP_033B' was created, all the driver files are first put into the print$ dir and then to the subdir '3' but not this '__SKIP_xxxx' file. The error reported occured.
After the error dialog, if the 'OK' then 'Finish' button are clicked again, the driver files are copied again into the print$ dir but this time, the installation is successful and the '__SKIP_xxxx' file is removed. This is the expected behaviour as in 3.0.20.
Attached is the level 4 log of the process.
Created attachment 1837 [details]
Created attachment 1838 [details]
Please add a debug level 10 log for the '__SKIP_033B' problem. That'll help more than level 4.
Created attachment 1839 [details]
level 10 samba.log
Level 10 log is attached as requested
The problem is that assert_gid() is firing and hence smbd is aborting.
Working with Aarti to figure out why.
problem with the build environment. Not Samba.