The Samba-Bugzilla – Bug 347
Can not copy files from samba3 to WinXP-SP1
Last modified: 2005-11-14 09:24:03 UTC
One of my WinXP clients (a domain member) is having difficulties with current
CVS code (Sunday Aug 24).
I have extracted the OpenOffice 1.1rc3 WinInstall code on a samba share.
Any attempt to execute:
fails after 5 minutes with an error that the network connection was broken.
After this, WinXP is very unhappy and needs to be rebooted.
On the SuSE 8.2 samba server I noticed that there were 20 connections from the
one XP client to IPC$. During the period of inactivity (waiting to time out)
smbd was sitting idle.
No error conditions were reported to the log file.
I then tried to copy the ZIP file containing the original OO-1.1rc3 installer
and it failed with the same message.This time there were 12 conections to the
IPC$ share. Hmmm! This is does not make sense.
Additionally, I tried to open a PDF file from my home directory on the Samba3
server and experienced the same problem. Application is Acrobat v6.0.
I replaced the etherswitch, no change. All TCP/IP behaviour looks normal. Web
access and FTP access are normal.
Reverting to Samba-2.2.8a solves the problem instantly. Me thinks there are a bug!
I will try to produce log files and captures later, but JRA told me to put this
in buzilla so it is not lost. More to follow...
pleas retest using 3.0.0 and report back.
This is fixed.
originally reported against one of the 3.0.0rc[1-4] releases.
Cleaning up non-production versions.
sorry for the same, cleaning up the database to prevent unecessary reopens of bugs.