The Samba-Bugzilla – Bug 325
Problem with some directories on a share.
Last modified: 2005-11-14 09:27:38 UTC
I have on my SAMBA 3 PDC about 10 shares.
On one of them I have some sub-directories which contains the "-" symbol in
their name. I don't have problems as long as that subdirectory does not have
I also tried to recreate the problem on an other share, and here I don't have
the issue. The strange part is that the problem is on only one share.
I reinstalled the Beta3 and the problem does not excists in total.
If you need more information let me know what you need and which debug level
to use for the log files and I will reproduce it.
Jeremy, Can you take a look at these when you get a chance? Thanks.
RC2 will ship with this issue unresolved. We'll put it on
the plate for RC3 and hope to resolve it by then.
Looks like it is solved in RC2. Because the problem only comes up in RC1 not
Beta 3 and RC2
Can we keep this one onhold to follow up to see if it comes back in a later
Kurt, please let me know the outcome against 3.0.0 so
we can close this one out (hopefully).
I did do several tests with different systems on Samba 3.0.0
Everything is working fine.
Thank you guys for fixing the bug.... And keep up the good work.
So please put it to FIXED I don't have the permissions to do it ;-)
reporter says fixed. Closing it out.
originally reported against one of the 3.0.0rc[1-4] releases.
Cleaning up non-production versions.
sorry for the same, cleaning up the database to prevent unecessary reopens of bugs.