I got samba 3.0.20 under Solaris 9 (sept. patches, kernel patch 118558-11) as
a member server of ADS win 2000 SP4 and SFU (winbind with idmap_ad).
Say we got the user "fbruni", when I do "getent group|grep -i fbruni" it
shows up all the groups except the primary it belongs.
The output is:
When we do a "getent passwd |grep -i fbruni", the output reports the correct
fbruni:x:10000:10001:francesco fb. bruni:/home/fbruni:/bin/sh
GID 10001 is the "Domain Users" group.
The output of the command "wbinfo -r fbruni" shows the correct sequence of groups:
but "net -P ads user fbruni" does not include the primary.
FYI samba has been compiled as follows:
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/samba-3.0.20
--exec-prefix=/usr/local/samba-3.0.20 --with-ads --with-acl-support --with-ldap
--with-krb5=/usr/local/samba-3.0.20 --with-winbind --with-sys-quotas
Sorry, but this is exactly the way /etc/passwd and /etc/group are designed. In
/etc/group you never find the user's primary group.