i tried to raise NAMSIZ in clitar.h
but it didnt help
[2003/08/17 08:07:38, 5] client/clitar.c:writetarheader(186)
File name in tar file: ./Zelo dolgo ime imenika/In se eno daljse ime, - ki ima
pikice notri napisane in se malo podaljsano tako da pride cez 100 crk/New Text
[2003/08/17 08:07:38, 0] lib/util_str.c:safe_strcpy_fn(515)
ERROR: string overflow by 1 (101 - 100) in safe_strcpy [\Zelo dolgo ime
imenika\In se eno daljse ime, - ki]
[2003/08/17 08:07:38, 3] client/clitar.c:do_atar(690)
how long? Please provide more details. I'm assuming
that there are non-ascii characters in the filenames (based
on you email address). Is this true.
I get errors with filenames (full paths) if they are longer than 100 chars.
Files get tar-ed ok, I can untar them also, but the error is signaled.
I tried with nonalfanumeric chars, but this is not the case. I get the error
also with only alfanumeric chars filename.
Jeremy, Can you take a look at these when you get a chance? Thanks.
RC2 will ship with this issue unresolved. We'll put it on
the plate for RC3 and hope to resolve it by then.
Created attachment 117 [details]
proposed patch against 3.0.0rc2
This problem happens for me any time there are paths longer
than 100 bytes.
The problem is that the new fixtarname() is passed a string longer
than the indicated length. The safe_strcpy in the 3.0.0 fixtarname()
at clitar.c line 428 gives an error because strlen(fp) is bigger than
length l. (In 2.2.x it used the length l rather than the strlen() of
the string so it was fine.)
The attached patch is one way to fix the problem. Also, the explicit
\0 termination of hb.dbuf.name is moved above the optional lowercase
since the string might not be null terminated at that point.
But this patch limits the filename to NAMSIZ. The purpose of this bug is to
enable to TAR also long filenames.
Created attachment 120 [details]
New proposed patch.
I think this is the correct patch. Please check. JRA.
marking it as fixed in 3.0.0. Please test after release and
reopen if it is not fixed.
originally reported against one of the 3.0.0rc[1-4] releases.
Cleaning up non-production versions.
sorry for the same, cleaning up the database to prevent unecessary reopens of bugs.