We are experiencing a consistent crash here in an ADS scenario authenticating
against Windows 2000 Server SP4 Update Rollup 1.
This machine is running samba/winbindd for the purpose of authenticating squid
users. The system is Debian Sarge. We are running the latest Samba 3.0.20.
We noticed that Squid was failing to authenticate a particular user, so we had
a look at winbind to find out what was happening. Then we found that when we
ran wbinfo -r on the user, it reliably segfaults with signal 11. It probably
occurs with other users, too, but we havent run through all of them as it
doesnt seem likely to bring any extra information.
I've recompiled samba with --enable-debug and --enable-developer to improve
Andrew Bartlett on #samba-technical requested we get a valgrind trace of what
is going on. I personally dont have much experience with Valgrind and the Samba
HOWTO section on "Bugs" doesnt cover it either, so I've gone ahead and attached
the full valgrind log output.
No pertinent information appears on the event viewer on the domain controller.
Created attachment 1417 [details]
smb.conf from the affected machine
Created attachment 1418 [details]
pertinent winbind log fragment
Created attachment 1419 [details]
valgrind output: 1 of 7
Created attachment 1420 [details]
valgrind output: 2 of 7
Created attachment 1421 [details]
valgrind output: 3 of 7
Created attachment 1422 [details]
valgrind output: 4 of 7
Created attachment 1423 [details]
valgrind output: 5 of 7
Created attachment 1424 [details]
valgrind output: 6 of 7
Created attachment 1425 [details]
valgrind output: 7 of 7
We think that the crashes are resolved in 3.0.20a. Please retest
the current SAMBA_3_0_RELEASE tree.