The Samba-Bugzilla – Bug 2880
LynxOS 4.0.0 PL71 Build Issues: uint/fnmatch/strptime/optind
Last modified: 2005-07-21 18:21:01 UTC
I was able to build samba 3.0.14a on LynxOS 4.0.0 PatchLevel 71 (Native ppc) by
fixing the following. Maybe they should be fixed in the distribution.
- Fixed "BUG 1080" by renaming include/vfs.h to include/smbvfs.h and changing
include/smb.h to reference smbvfs.h instead of vfs.h
- Add "typedef unsigned int uint;" to include/includes.h near "Samba needs
- Change configure to build and use a local fnmatch.c when one does not
exist in the library (LynxOS doesn't have fnmatch(3)) (also fnmatch.h)
- Same for strptime(3); configure should build a local copy and use it when
the build env libs does not contain the strptime() call
- cmd_shutdown.c does not declare optind in cmd_shutdown_init() before using
it. Linux may have this in a sys hdr file, but LynxOS doesn't.
Also tons of build warnings were ignored.
Can you send in patches for these issues please (except for the vfs rename,
we'll take care of that). Remember they need to be (C) yourself as an individual
not (C) your company. If you can send them in I'll make sure they get applied.