When I used to use smbmount, I used to get lots of "could not access" warnings
when the backups I run over smb to Windows machines got to pagefile.sys, etc.
That warning always let me know the offending file so I know not to worry.
Now that I use mount -t cifs instead of smbmount, I get what I believe are
replacement errors when it hits the same files. These errors are all "... on
cifs_get_inode_info in lookup". Unfortunately, these errors do not tell me the
filename like smbmount did so I'm not sure whether or not I should be worried
about these errors.
I propose a patch to include the filename that caused the error in the warning
output so people can know whether to worry or not:
("Error 0x%x or (%d decimal) on cifs_get_inode_info in lookup", rc, rc));
("Error 0x%x or (%d decimal) on cifs_get_inode_info in lookup of %s", rc, rc,
I don't know if this helps your example of open of pagefile.sys but it does make
sense to dump the path name here and I have changed the code in dir.c and
updated the project bk tree (will update the cogito/bit tree on kernel.org later