Bug 2110 - CAN-2004-0930.patch breaks wildcard matching with extended characters in pattern
CAN-2004-0930.patch breaks wildcard matching with extended characters in pattern
Status: CLOSED FIXED
Product: Samba 3.0
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Extended Characters
3.0.9
x86 Windows 2000
: P3 major
: none
Assigned To: Alexander Bokovoy
Samba QA Contact
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2004-12-01 05:33 UTC by Pavel Juran
Modified: 2005-08-24 10:23 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:


Attachments
Patch - seems to fix smbclient (1.34 KB, patch)
2004-12-01 17:56 UTC, Jeremy Allison
no flags Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Pavel Juran 2004-12-01 05:33:09 UTC
Server: RH9 running samba-3.0.9 that includes the new ms_fnmatch routine from
CAN-2004-0930.patch, locale is set to LANG=en_US.UTF-8
smb.conf settings:
unix charset = utf-8
dos charset = cp852
display charset = LOCALE

Client: Win2000 (or Win98) with a Czech locale, accessing a samba share from the
command prompt, there is a file named Zakázka.doc (á is character U+00e1 Latin
Small Letter A With Acute)

dir Zak*.doc -> OK (the file is listed)
dir Zaká*.doc -> File Not Found
dir Zak?zka.doc -> File Not Found
dir Zak??zka.doc -> OK

Client: smbclient 3.0.9 connecting localy, the same share and filename

dir Zak*.doc -> OK
dir Zaká*.doc -> OK
dir Zak?zka.doc -> NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_FILE
dir Zak??zka.doc -> OK

The old ms_fnmatch routine in 3.0.7 did work, at least for the '*' matches.
Comment 1 Jeremy Allison 2004-12-01 14:42:30 UTC
Without having a Czech locale Win2k box handy, this might be a little difficult
to reproduce. Can you send in an ethereal capture file showing the
findfirst/findnext packets that are returning the wrong result. That way I can
make smbclient use the same wildcard request to reproduce and test this.
Thanks,
Jeremy.
Comment 2 Jeremy Allison 2004-12-01 17:49:04 UTC
Ok, I'm pretty confident I've found and fixed the bug. The problem was in the
new ms_fnmatch function the (incorrect) function strcpy_wa() was used to widen
the mb strings to smb_ucs2_t instead of the (correct) push_ucs2(). I can
reproduce the smbclient problem and the patch (attached) fixes it. I think this
should fix it for the Windows client too.
Jeremy.
Comment 3 Jeremy Allison 2004-12-01 17:51:53 UTC
The patch removes strcpy_wa() from the source as it serves no purpose I can see,
although I'm going to check with tridge to be sure...
Jeremy.      
Comment 4 Jeremy Allison 2004-12-01 17:56:38 UTC
Created attachment 816 [details]
Patch - seems to fix smbclient
Comment 5 Jeremy Allison 2004-12-01 18:06:00 UTC
I think I've fixed this now - please re-open if not.
Jeremy.
Comment 6 Pavel Juran 2004-12-02 06:13:18 UTC
Yes, the attached patch fixed the problem, it now works correctly for me from
both Windows and smbclient. Thanks.
Comment 7 Gerald (Jerry) Carter 2005-08-24 10:23:14 UTC
sorry for the same, cleaning up the database to prevent unecessary reopens of bugs.