Hi, I just upgraded samba from 3.0.4 to 3.0.6 (tried .7 as well). I used the
exact same .spec file as I used for compilign 3.0.4. I also tried using SuSE's
official rpms with the same result:
Basicl, after the upgrade, the server will let the user log in, browse shares
and subfolders, but nor open files. Explorer on the clients becomes very slow
and crashes quite often.
The logs report very little.
I'll attach some dumps soon.
Created attachment 651 [details]
Log dump from one machine
Created attachment 652 [details]
Logfile from trying to open a file via smb:// interface in kde
Created attachment 653 [details]
Created attachment 654 [details]
XP client trying to open file
Created attachment 655 [details]
Network sniff of linuxclient trying to download fil
Please notice that it stopps downloading after 16kb.
Created attachment 656 [details]
Created attachment 657 [details]
I had a similar problem between Samba 3.0.7 on Debian Sarge and Windows 2000.
I fixed the problem by adding "use sendfile = no" in [global] and restarting my
Samba daemon. Given that the release notes for 3.0.7 mention that Samba now
turns on sendfile by default for non-Win9x clients I assume the problem is related.
Yep, this was the sendfilebug.