The Samba-Bugzilla – Bug 1423
When we are an ADS member server, ADS searches for our machine account shows with the role Domain Controller
Last modified: 2005-02-07 09:52:58 UTC
If we join ADS as a member server, we should show with the description
Workstation or Server, not Domain Controller.
Here are the steps for reproduction:
1. Join an ADS domain using net ads join
2. From a client in the ADS domain (or the DC), browse to the following My
Network Places->Entire Network->Directory
3. Right click on your Domain and select Find
4. Search for the hostname of the machine you joined in step 1
5. Notice the role displays as Domain Controller
It should show as "Workstation or Server"
cannot reproduce this Marc. I'd recheck your config.
Are you sure you are doing a search and not just looking in the Active Directory
Users and Computers screen? You have to do a search to see this problem.
marc. what's the status here ? I'm closing as invalid since i could never