The Samba-Bugzilla – Bug 1330
smbclient -M fails for WinXP PRO SP1
Last modified: 2005-08-24 10:17:02 UTC
I have found a small problem with smbclient
My server OS is RH9, client OSes WinXP PRO SP1
Samba versions tested 3.0.2a 2.2.7
When I execute smbclient -M office I get refused access
When I execute smbclient -M laptop all is okay
When I execute smbclient -L office all is okay
When I change the office OS to WinME and execute smbclient -M office all is
When I execute (on laptop) net send * aaaaa then office gets the message.
The are no firewalls or personal firewalls.
I am willing to help with debugging this problem.
I can post debug outputs, conf files and so on.
This is working according to my latest tests.
sorry for the same, cleaning up the database to prevent unecessary reopens of bugs.