Samba 4.5.7 with fruit module enabled
Config Flags in smb.conf:
vfs objects = shadow_copy2 fruit streams_xattr syncops gpfs fileid
fruit:copyfile = yes
fruit:resource = file
fruit:metadata = stream
Steps to replicate:
- in Finder, copy a file to the share
- in Finder, choose "Get Info" for the file
- turn on Attribute "Locked"
- Icon immediately gets the little Lock in its Icon and item is locked
- click Attribute "Locked" to turn it off again
- nothing happens or the lock disappears and then reappears
Click Attribute "Locked" to turn it off a second time, the lock disappears and stays unlocked.
Likely a client side bug: the client sends a setinfo request with DOS attributes == 0. Samba as well as Windows ignore this request.