The Samba-Bugzilla – Bug 11590
api_rpcTNP(?) parse error while using Spotlight with Samba 4.3.1
Last modified: 2015-11-04 03:20:24 UTC
Created attachment 11574 [details]
screenshot, pcapng, smbd level 10 debug log, and shell script
I recently built Samba 4.3.1 on Ubuntu Server 14.04.3 (x64) with Spotlight enabled, but it doesn't seem to work properly. I can only retrieve the target's file name from Spotlight but no further information(thumbnail, date...etc.) about it.
The only error that I got from Samba debug log is:
api_rpcTNP: called mdssvc successfully
api_rpcTNP: rpc input buffer underflow (parse error?)
You can reproduce my situation by following the steps below:
# Platform Setup
1. VirtualBox: 1G memory, 8G disk (dynamic allocation)
2. install ubuntu-14.04.3-server-amd64 with all default settings
3. hostname: ubuntu, username: user, passwd: user
4. don't encrypt the home folder
5. use entire disk and setup LVM
6. no automatic update
7. install OpenSSH server
# Ubuntu Setup
1. login as "user" and change the root password to "root"
2. su root -> apt-get update -> apt-get upgrade
3. run spotlight.sh with root privilege
Is this a bug or anything wrong with my configuration?