The Samba-Bugzilla – Bug 11025
Process using 100% CPU - winbind_server
Last modified: 2017-01-03 07:34:12 UTC
Created attachment 10568 [details]
Strace -ff -p
I have a multi-DC domain.
I had serner-samba 4.1.6 installed and updated to 4.1.14, but the problem continues.
After I start samba, a process starts consuming almost 100% CPU and via 'samba-tool processes' I found that this process is winbind-server.
I attached the strace and sysdig of the process.
Also, I found this open bug... should be a similar problem - https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10714
Created attachment 10569 [details]
Sysdig "proc.pid=" output
Is this still happening?
See this bug for one like this that has already been fixed:
That bug was already corrected in samba 4.1.14, the version I have installed.
That problem persists.
Sorry, my problem persists. Don't now if it's directly related to that bug, but I have the latest samba version installed
Can you attach to the offending process with GDB and get us a traceback?
We're using the Domain Controller as file server. Today we're are testing running another host as domain member and file server. Later today, I'll inform in here the results and if improved the performance and decreases the CPU usage.
After configuring a file server in another machine, the problem is solved.
As said on samba4 wiki, it's not recommended using Domain Controller as file server because samba internal winbind, and we verified that the hard way.
Anyway this is not normal.
I am testing Samba 4.1.17 on Freebsd 10.1 amd64.
I have 100% CPU usage by samba process even on compiled programm install, when winbind enabled in nssswitch.conf
The internal winbind that is giving the issue here was replaced by the source3 winbindd code in Samba 4.3. Therefore this issue will have been resolved.