Operating System: FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE
Windows client: Windows 7 Enterprise x86_64
When trying to copy files from the servers previous version we get an error saying that the file no longer exists. This server is using zfs for taking snapshots and the files can be found and copied with console access to the server so the files do exist, it's just that when you try to recover them via previous version it fails.
When we set protocol to NT1 instead of SMB2 it seems to work but we would prefer to use SMB2.
comment = Datastore 1
path = /export/ds1
writable = yes
csc policy = disable
valid users = @"localadmin_zfs1-1"
vfs objects = full_audit, shadow_copy2, zfsacl
shadow: format = auto-%Y-%m-%d_%H.%M.%S--28d
shadow: sort = desc
shadow: snapdir = .zfs/snapshot
nfs4:acedup = merge
nfs4:mode = special
nfs4:chown = yes
follow symlinks = yes
wide links = yes
nt acl support = no
map acl inherit = no
inherit acls = no
inherit permissions = yes
inherit owner = yes
ea support = yes
store dos attributes = no
map hidden = no
map system = no
map archive = no
case sensitive = no
I'm getting this too - on RHEL6.4, with samba 4.0.13 and GPFS 3.5.0-13. Will try to get more info once I've set up a test system.
Also seeing it with samba 3.6.22. It was working okay with one of 3.6.12 or 3.6.17 (not sure which of these I was running prior to 3.6.22).
(In reply to comment #0)
> Operating System: FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE
> Windows client: Windows 7 Enterprise x86_64
> When trying to copy files from the servers previous version we get an error
> saying that the file no longer exists. This server is using zfs for taking
> snapshots and the files can be found and copied with console access to the
> server so the files do exist, it's just that when you try to recover them via
> previous version it fails.
> When we set protocol to NT1 instead of SMB2 it seems to work but we would
> prefer to use SMB2.
This issue seems corroborated by the following FreeNAS bug (affecting Samba 3.6.x and 4.1.x branches).
We are experiencing the same issue running:
Our experience with this bug is exactly as described in both this bug report and also in the FreeNAS report listed in the comments here.
I'm hoping to get a status update on plans to resolve this issue, or any known work-arounds that may exist.
might be related to bug 13455 - probably not a problem with recent versions any more