I did's now which "component to choose in the bug report , so if' it's not this please refer this to the right one. thanks
My samba stastus is : 3.6.9-151.e16
I don't know if it's samba problem . as I understand from the web it might be.
Our server is on CentOS 6.4 and Kernel 2.6.32-279.14.1.e16.centos.plus x86_64 which handle a php opensource website (MOODLE).
After performing yum update we started to get these error messages which eventually froze the server and people couldn't reach to the website.
These messages appeared in the telminal shell
cifs vfs strtoucs char2uni of 0xffffff8e returned -22
cifs vfs strtoucs char2uni of 0xffffffee returned -22
cifs vfs strtoucs char2uni of 0xffffffe2 returned -22
cifs vfs strtoucs char2uni of 0xffffffe9 returned -22
cifs vfs strtoucs char2uni of 0xffffffe7 returned -22
cifs vfs strtoucs char2uni of 0xffffffe5 returned -22
cifs vfs strtoucs char2uni of 0xffffffec returned -22
I did search the net and saw some advices about this :" iocharset=utf8,codepage=windows-1255"
But I really don't want to make the server freeze again.
I 'm not sure where and how to wrtie it, and is the the right solution?
or do I need to do something inthe smb.conf? if so what?
This is one of the lines in the crontab -e:
30 4 * * 4 /usr/local/bin/unisonRsync /usr/local/share/unison/moodlebackzips2.prf //backupserver/OnlineBU adminuser ourpassword #sync moodlezips2
The "backupserver" is a windows server 2008 .
I have to mention that before the "yum update" everything worked just fine and the backups where synced and moved to the "windows" server just fine for a year.
I really hope someone can help us
Thanks a lot
I have a some problem.
Same problem under debian, samba version 3.6.16.
Client fstab, //10.10.1.20/WebSites /data/websites cifs rw,_netdev,username=webuser,password=aaa,domian=DOMIAN,noperm,nosetuids,suid,nounix,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777 0 0
Have not seen this for a long while after upgrading to 4.x. I think it's fixed.