Created attachment 16434 [details]
samba dns log
My ISP force to migrate to IPV6, so i gave a static IPV6 adress to my samba nas (AD controller).
I tried a nslookup using "server" directive with its IPV6 address: timeout.
Using IPV4 it worked.
Using samba log, i can see that the query is received and forwarded (non authoritative)using IPV6. We get an answer to the forwarding request(with A and AAAA correct values). But nothing seems to go back to the client.
I checked a firewall issue, but with firewall disabled (same problem).
I used wireshark client side : query but no answer.
I attached the log for the IPV6 request of google.com using log level 8 in dns facility.
"host -t aaaa www.google.fr samba-dc.example.com" works well for me. If you still see a different problem, please supply more detailled information how to reproduce the problem.
and please use a supported samba release like current 4.11/4.12/4.13 release, 4.4 is out of support since a long time.